Prof. Dr Siniša Kusovac, President of the Municipality of Tivat was born in 1967. He graduated from the Faculty of Economics in Podgorica in 1992. He defended the master thesis “Management in public and non-profit organizations” in 1998. Mr. Kusovac obtained a doctorate degree, at the same faculty, defending his doctoral dissertation on “The tendency of modern sports management in the process of restructuring and implementing transitional changes” in 2008. Dr. Kusovac worked as an assistant professor at the Faculty of Mediterranean Business Studies in Tivat in 2010 and earned a title of associate professor for a narrow scientific field “Management” at “Union” University in Belgrade in March 2013.
During his career, Prof. Dr. Siniša Kusovac worked as a Chief of Forced Collection at the Directorate of Public Revenue of Montenegro at the branch in Budva (1992-1998), and as the Head of the Tivat Branch (1998-2004). He was the director of the Directorate for Investment and Development in the Municipality of Tivat (2004 – 2010) and a dean of the Faculty of Management of Herceg Novi from 2010 onwards.
Prof. Dr. Siniša Kusovac published the book “Tax Accounting of Public Revenues, Budgeting, Records and Budget Management” in 2012. He is the author of a number of professional papers published in domestic and foreign professional literature, and in the international scientific meetings in the period from 2000 to 2012.
During his fruitful career Mr. Kusovac has been:
– a member of the working group in the adoption of the National Strategy for Integrated Coastal Zone Management of Montenegro,
– member of the Tivat Local Economic Development Team with the support of IRD – USAID in charge of determining the possibilities for business and local economic development and implementation of development projects,
– project manager for projects “Reconstruction of football stadium Arsenal “,” Citizen Bureau of Tivat Municipality “,” Development of software and website of Tourist Organization of Tivat “,
– as well as a manager of certain IPA and European Commission projects.
In August 2018, Prof. Dr. Sinisa Kusovac became the President of municipality Tivat.
Dr. Kusovac is married, a father of three, and with his family currently resides and works in Tivat.
- represents the Municipality
- proposes regulations and other acts adopted by the Assembly, as well as the manner of resolving certain issues within the competence of the Assembly
- responsible for the enforcement of laws, other regulations and general acts
- responsible for the execution of delegated and entrusted tasks, determines the organization and manner of work of the local administration
- determines the organization and manner of work of the local administration, upon the proposal of the chief administrator, appoints and dismisses the vice-president and the chief administrator of the municipality
- gives consent to acts on internal organization and systematization of local government bodies, professional and other services,
- appoints and dismisses the directors of the agencies, appoints and dismisses the managers,
gives consent to the appointment and dismissal of the heads of local government bodies,
- submits, to the citizens and the Assembly, a report on their work and the fulfillment of local government functions, at least once a year
- as its founder, directs and coordinates the work of local government bodies, public services and agencies in order to more efficiently deliver their functions and to provide better quality public services, as adopted by appropriate acts
- supervises the work of the local government
- adopts acts within its competence and acts in the execution of delegated and entrusted tasks, unless otherwise provided by a special regulation
- is responsible for the execution of decisions and other acts adopted by the Assembly and adopts acts for their execution
- enacts acts enabling the execution of the municipal budget
- convenes the constitutive session of the Assembly
- disposes with the funds of the current budgetary reserve in accordance with the decision of the Municipal Assembly
- makes a decision on investments, in accordance with the established investment policy
- gives an opinion on the proposal of decisions and other acts submitted to the Assembly by other proposers
- resolves conflict of competencies between local government bodies, public services and legal entities entrusted with the decision of the Assembly to perform certain tasks.
- decides on the exclusion of the chief administrator
supervises the legality and integrity of the work of the protection service
- establishes professional working bodies for jobs within its scope of work and adopts the Rules of Procedure on its work,
- temporarily issues acts within the competence of the Assembly, in accordance with the law, the arrangement of business premises to be used by municipal authorities,
- determines the manner of using means of transport and decides on the acquisition and disposal of means of transport for the needs of the work of the municipality,
- performs other duties in accordance with the law and this Statute.